A little faith in humanity was restored. Wednesday I received a phone call that my wallet had been in the safe of the restaurant I left it in this entire time. Even though I'd called the place a few million times the General Manager was never there. She locked it in the safe and hadn't been in. She discovered my teacher I.D. and finally called the school. It was over-nighted to me and my amazing landlord signed for it. That was a relief. A month later, but I have it all back.
I finally hit my wall. My sinuses made it difficult to breathe. Difficulty breathing made sleep impossible. I called in a sub for the day and stayed home. I crashed hard. I still woke up not being able to breathe, but there was relief in knowing that I didn't have to be up early. I knew my patience for the demands of the little humans wouldn't be very good.
Speaking of patience. Most of the time my apartment building is very quiet. We have miners, officers, casino employees, and much more. What this means is that Schedules may vary a lot. Many people are on swing shifts or night shifts. I don't have that schedule but I try to respect it. Tonight one of my neighbors kept telling her kids off right outside my window. I could hear the whole thing. The problem was she was standing in the stairwell hollering at them. They were by the car. After the 15th direction I finally poked my head out and asked them to please be quiet. One of the kids said "okay." It did quiet down after that. I think people forget to consider others sometimes. When I with my plugged up ears and nose can hear your entire conversation...I imagine most of the building can.
This year has been a roller coaster not with ups and downs just with endless speed. Just when I think I can get off the train, we are given a new set of challenges. I am trying really really hard to stay positive and I love my colleagues, but it is really tough. I even really like my administration. This level of intensity I can't keep up. I'm cracking and I am not alone.
No comments:
Post a Comment