If you read my last post you know just how creative (ahem) students can be in the bathroom. Well Tales from the Toilet continued with a student balling up paper towels into small enough pieces that they would go in the drain. Then did it enough times that the draining water slowed more and more every day. Our school plumber is going to love that one.
I have been working really hard on getting a "Science Day" for our school. I have invited local and state scientists to come and give interactive science demonstrations to our students. What has been very interesting to me is to see who really loves their work. The people who are coming really are passionate about their field of science. Because they are very passionate about their field of science they really want to share their knowledge. I am getting excited about what my students are going to be able to see, do, and learn. I just hope the rest of my staff appreciates it. I called the PTO tonight and they are going to bring the visiting scientists some snacks, lunch, or something. So that is really cool. If they are going to make the effort to come and make it fun, educational, and special for our students we need to show our appreciation. It isn't like where we live is a convenient location to visit.
This Friday I have a presentation to give to my colleagues, school board, and administration for a class I have been taking. I am part of a larger group but I am still very nervous. UGGH. Mine is on behaviorism. My b-mod teacher would be so proud if she knew. After the presentation I am driving 3 1/2 hours to be able to attend a conference on George Washington that begins Saturday morning. I decided to stay till Sunday so I can make that ever so lovely Wally-fart visit. I am excited about the conference because it being taught by people from Mount Vernon (GW's former home). I have visited Mount Vernon several times and I LOVED IT! It will be really great to learn more about it and George.
I think by the time school is out you're going to be able to identify me by my fried brain. There is a lot going between now and then. Oh yes and we raised money to paint 4-square courts, hopscotch, and handball courts, on the playground. That may happen on the night of the 16th. OVERWHELMED MUCH! Ummmmm YEP!
No comments:
Post a Comment