May 13, 2011

Twitch

I was listening to a Kindergartner sing "head, shoulders, knees, and toes". I started paying closer attention when I realized when he got to the "eyes and ears, mouth and nose" part. He was singing "Eyes and Ears, Mouth and TOADS". I said I've heard of "eyes and ears, mouth and nose" (while pointing to those parts) but I've never heard "and toads" while his classmates chuckled he said "That's how you sing it" He enjoyed the attention and so... check your toad for boogers....

3rd grade is studying the Romans. One class decided to participate in the School Talent show as the "Roman Gods" So I spent about 2 days making props while they made messes painting them. The talent show is next week so we shall see how they do. They have requested more props.... we'll see how Miss C recovers by Monday.

I am still working on the Science Day. An Astronomer called and is planning to bring telescopes and do a presentation in the evening. I think this will be a really cool opportunity for our students and their families. So that is good. It is just the nuts and bolts of planning something like this that make your eye twitch. It's been twitching for about 3 days now. So I need to rest. Tonight we went to a local performance of "Seussical the Musical" They did a really, really, good job. What I love about this community is they really support things like this. All the shows have been sold out. Also the students are used to making do and making things work. Since it is far from anywhere they find ways to make props that are really clever. These are some great life lessons. Welll I am off to sllllllllllllleeeepppp. I realized just how tired I was when I fell asleep on my phone and didn't know that I'd missed 3 calls until I woke up. Not a good sign. Anyhow goodnight

No comments:

Post a Comment