May 18, 2011

SNOW again... or should I say Still??

I like the snow. I like how the air feels when it snows crisp and cool. I like how it brightens the land the sky... it simply makes a grey morning cheerful. This morning it was stunning. I stopped a moment when I walked out the door. After all it is 1/4 past spring or something like that. So the grass has turned green, trees are giving us a glimpse of green, tulips are blooming, the veil of green has traveled across the mountains and valleys. Add an inch of pure white freshly fallen snow over that veil of green and sunshine peaking through the clouds. The hills glowed golden. It was just beautiful. I like living high enough to be able to see the mountains in many directions. Anyhow it was a bright way to start the day.

We took our crossing guards and student leaders on a field trip today. It went beautifully. 25 students being kind to each other, working together, respecting each other. Lovely. Colleagues that I enjoy being with and driving toward the snowy mountains in the morning. Beautiful. IT snowed,hailed, and rained the whole drive. We were going to an indoor pool it was toasty inside but through the windows you could see the snow coming down. It was cool. (other than the bus-sick part but I'm used to that)

I think that it was easier to leave and harder to come back. Coming back to school was hard because right after school we had a meeting. The complainers came ready to complain.. and they did. They couldn't offer solutions. NO SOLUTIONS!!!! Acck That is what drives me absolutely bonkers here. It is ALL IMPOSSIBLE and All we can see are problems and NO POSSIBLE Solutions! Its darn silly.

I have my fire going again tonight. I love having an excuse to build a fire cold weather or not. I did build one last week... then regretted it about 3 a.m. when I woke up melting. I am positive I won't be melting tonight. Well I am signing off.... by the way.... the Twitch is almost gone :)

2 comments:

  1. Your description of
    the springtime snow,
    made me want to pack and go,
    and bring my camera, lenses, scarf
    (and maybe bag for bus ride barf?)

    And capture blooms clothed in flake,
    and mountains coat of white so late.

    But life goes on...
    as here the apple blossoms fall,
    like snow covering the springtime grass,
    till wiped away as spring breezes pass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... thank you for sharing :) I love the little poem... :)

    ReplyDelete