May 17, 2011

Winding down HA!

The school year isn't winding down until the last day when you are waving goodbye to the buses!! We had a school clean up last night. Mostly we worked on trash pick up, weeding, and rock removal. The way that they plow our playground and driveways leads to lots of rocks and sand being dispersed. It hadn't been swept up in several years. So we got a lot of that done. I'd say it needs more help but.. it does look a lot better. We had a movie night awhile back that my colleague and I raised enough to buy a couple gallons of paint. We are using that to paint 4 square, Hopscotch, and a handball court. We just need a free day without snow. Yep snow again today.

Sometimes the lack of communication in this building is amazing. I think it is one of their biggest failings. I sent in for a substitute about a month ago so I could chaperone a field trip for our crossing guards that I helped manage. They took my substitute and put her in another classroom. I found out from that Sub that she wouldn't be subbing for me and why. The person she is subbing for really needs a sub they had a death in the family and had to leave. Perfectly understandable. What isn't understandable is why administration didn't let me know what was going on and I found out from the substitute. GRRRRRR There are very few available subs because many refuse to come to our school anymore. We have a few teachers that are NOT nice to subs. Sigh....

1 comment:

  1. read it.
    liked it.

    don't stop writing it.

    twitch and all.

    ReplyDelete