My weekend was amazing. First I went to our Make Up Snow Day and did my presentation. It was interesting to find out how little people know about behavior managment plans. I think they need a serious training in this district. Quite scary. Anyhow to motivate all of us who showed up they had 2 drawings for a Kindle
Then I drove out of town for a conference on George Washington put on by the folks who run Mount Vernon
I am also working on our Science Day. I have 6 confirmed visiting scientists and there are more that may come. I am actually running out of places and spaces to put them. I am really excited that our students are going to have this opportunity. Our teachers will whine and complain. That's the way it is here. Not all of them.... just enough to make it annoying. I can see how it interrupts their school day... but is this not enrichment? Don't we want to broaden our students horizons??? Well some of us do anyway.
The superintendent has been invited to visit our school that day as well. Sometimes I wonder why I put so much effort into a school that I will not be working at next year. Then I remember it isn't about me... it is about my students.
When I came back to my room this a.m. construction was pretty much finished. Just waiting for electrical.
No comments:
Post a Comment