September 11, 2012

Bats, JackRabbits, Coyotes

I've noticed this fall especially a lot of bats flying in the evening around the lights eating bugs! One night at the gas station I thought good thing Mom isn't here she wouldn't have exited the car and probably wouldn't let me either! I kind of like watching them.
I had a class in 142 mile away town today! It was such a good class. So engaging and fun. It was really great to hang around some positivity and learn some great stuff. It was a busy fun day.

I left long before sunup for my class which is at prime Jackrabbit time. I nailed a couple, saw a coyote slinking away, saw mice running across the road, and an owl catching something. The stinking jackrabbits though! You might be surprised at what those buggers can do to a car. Anyhow I get to the town my class is in driving my school car. Lights flashing behind me pulling me over. Yikes getting pulled over in my work car! "do you know why I pulled you over?"  Classic officer question., I was thinking did I do something wrong, I was a little lost, maybe I missed a stop sign or something?   I said "no". " you have some plastic hanging under your car". I got out to look and sure enough the jackrabbit had not only taken his life but the life of the plastic air flow thing-a-ma-jigger under the car.  He told me to just drive to my destination because I was just a couple blocks away and have them help me.  I got there they had me go into the school bus shop and one of the mechanics rolled under there and removed it. Had a little rabbit fur and a lot of blood spray on it. Those stinking jackrabbits!

I hadn't been grocery shopping for a month so after class I did the grocery run. I probably should've gotten two carts but I managed with the leaning tower of groceries and made through checkout and to the car without losing anything. I feel like I can go another month now!

On the way home a coyote was in the middle of my lane eating the jackrabbit roadkill dinner special. I had to come to almost a complete stop before he decided it wasn't worth it and ran off the road! Yikes! I got home and had to unload all of those groceries. That is always the worst part. I apparently wasn't unloading them with a lot of grace or silence because one of the barflies offered to help me unload! I took him up on that offer. Just to get them to the top of my stairs!  I appreciated it. He is a barfly that respects my boundaries so I was okay with it! Then I had to find a spot in my fridge for everything. Somehow that isn't a factor when I am buying the groceries :)!

My mistake of having such a great learning day was to check my e-mail when I got home! Don't do that!  Seriously! If you've had just a day that made you smile and you feel good about it. Don't get on that FB, don't check your e -mail! I had a e-mail requesting I attend another meeting with the staff member who doesn't want to work! Seriously! WHY DID I CHECK MY E-MAIL!  I don't know how I am going to handle this yet! I am sooooo done with this situation! If I made as many excuses I would be in huge trouble. UGGH.

For a little while today I forgot the significance of today's date. It wasn't that I forgot completely. it just went to the background for awhile. Which I think was a good thing. When I saw all of the postings I remembered so much of where I was, and all the emotions I felt. I was too close at that time for it to ever be surreal, it was far far to real.

Anyhow, it was a great day for learning had a professor with a degree in physics and civil engineering teach us today. It was engaging and fun!

2 comments:

  1. "Air Dams don't kill Jack Rabbits, suicidal jack rabbits damage air dams."

    just curious... did you swerve? at all? towards it? or away? :)

    ~Bryan

    ReplyDelete
  2. SWERVE! SWERVE!!! NO NO NO! I just drive in my lane and they hop in front of my car! :) I don't even have to aim for them :)

    ReplyDelete