This is a great example of how exhausting the first two days of school are.... "Miss Carpenter did we do the bus visit today?" when we were writing about things we learned today. We practiced bus behavior today... it happened today. Towards the end of the day it felt like it happened a week ago. I had some behavior issues today. I realized I really have to up my behavior plan. They need the structure from me. So I went and started a new ClassDojo class. It is an online behavior program. Parents can login and look up how their students did at school today. I had a crazy situation today with a student. I am still kind of in shock that it happened. There are some very lost little people in this world because there are some very lost parents in this world.
The school changed it's pick-up, drop-off, walking/riding home, busing procedures this year. You can find out really quickly who hates change whenever you majorly overhaul procedures. The new plan is soooo much safer for the students. I just wished all the parents realized it isn't to make things inconvenient for them but to make for a safer situation at school. The PTO really spearheaded the changes which is great.
I wish I could remember all the craziness I have been through this week... but I can't. I realized today my expectations are higher than a couple of my colleagues. They have some skills I don't have but their expectations for what they are able to learn is lower. I'm having mixed feelings about this. I know I have things to learn from them... but I feel they need to raise the bar too. We'll see how this goes. I have a lot of work to do this weekend to make for a better school year. I also have to work on my online class this weekend. Wish me luck w/ my ever growing "to-do" list!
No comments:
Post a Comment