Well I had some surprise visitors today on their way back north after a long trip. It is always good to see familiar faces. I didn't have much time to say hi because I had to go pick up my bountiful basket. I had big eyes when I ordered my basket and ordered 36 pounds of pears. Uh ya that's a lot of pears. They had a mess up on the shipping order so I didn't get my basket but I did get the pears. I opened the box and they smell amazing! They have some ripening to do. Pear smoothies are coming my way. I had some hamburger defrosting in my fridge so I decided to make a pot of soup to freeze. I doubled the recipe because I find myself eating soup from my stash on the weekend as well. I made another pot of Taco Soup. This is a super easy recipe to make.
Taco Soup
1 lb. lean ground beef.
2 cans Pinto Beans, (undrained)
1 can whole kernel corn, (undrained)
2 cans diced tomatoes, (undrained)
1 pkg. Taco Seasoning
1 pkg. Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Mix
1 1/2 Cups of water
It may not be the healthiest soup with the packages of seasoning and canned tomatoes. You can look up how to make your own seasoning mix if you are worried about preservatives. It is my favorite "stuffy nose, got a cold" soup. It makes your nose run. It is also yummy to add a little cheese or sour cream when you are serving it.
I am also working on stuff for school next week. I am very grateful this is a long weekend. I have a lot to do!
No comments:
Post a Comment