Here is a list of a few things that seem strange and a little foreign to me: Seeing my own furniture after 2 years, Hot Water
that comes IMMEDIATELY out of the tap, Sleeping in my OWN bed, neighbors
taking my trash to the dump and bringing me fresh fruit, bare feet on
green lawn, A complete Kitchen w/ every utensil I could need for
cooking, a Grocery store 5 minutes away, Feeling at home!
These may sound like fairly simple things to you but to me they'd become a great luxury. I feel safer at my new place because I feel like I have people looking out for me. They'd check on me and make sure I was alive, or if I was sick they'd check on me. It isn't that people didn't help me before it was just a rarity. Also because of the nature of the rural area it was an imposition to ask anyone to go out of their way.
It was hard to say goodbye to my parents after they helped me move AGAIN and unload the piano AGAIN :)! I think mom felt like it was going to be toooo long before we saw each other again. It is further away but for me I feel more everyday like I made the right decision. It is going to take awhile to unpack my stuff and organize. Sitting on my own couch, sleeping in my own bed, finding my recipe box, it is a really good feeling.
I know I will have struggles here just like any other place, what is different is I have a network of friends. It is important to feel connected in that way.
No comments:
Post a Comment