I started an online class I need to take to renew my licensure in this state. The class officially started on Monday but I knew I didn't have any assignments due until Sunday. So I logged in for the first time last night. I was a little irritated by the professors requests to us. Most online classes they ask us to do a brief introduction of ourselves, why we are taking the class, what our expectations are. This prof apparently finds himself quite amusing took these questions to a whole new level. He asked that we not give a canned response to any question and suggested the aliens made us do it as a response. Okay I get you're trying to be funny... but for me it fell flat. I thought his entire thing was unprofessional. There is a way to use humor that is appropriate I just felt this prof didn't get there. I am always amused by the questions for what our expectations are for a class. I probably sounded snooty when my response was this " To have a quality educational experience". My first impression of this class is that I'm not going to get that. Hopefully, things improve. I really don't care what my prof's favorite TV show is, nor do I care what my online classmates favorite TV shows are. I also don't have the time to read all of these ridiculous introductions. So we'll see how the rest of this class goes. It is a class about U.S. History and our states constitution. I'll keep you posted.
I also start another class soon. I am looking forward to it because I've had the instructor for several classes now and I always learn so much from her. She is in a lot of classrooms has a lot of experience and is always learning more. She has a very great approach and is very understanding and meets people at the level they are at and is supportive in growing from there. So every Monday I have a district required Professional Development, on Tuesdays Grade Level Meetings, on Wednesdays Expert team meetings, and no meetings on Thursdays. Then on Fridays I will be taking this other class. So, our days are very much taken up with other things. It can get overwhelming. But it seems like the meetings are usually beneficial.
I survived the first week of school and the students survived me. I felt a little discombobulated and disorganized. I have a lot to work on this weekend to organize for the following week. I asked for a little help from a friend. I have had some help from my grade level team but there is some gaps I need filled. Hopefully, I can get there this weekend or at least make some progress.
I don't know why but it seems like it isn't long after I move somewhere I am immediately invited to a baby or bridal shower. This time a baby shower. It was a lady on my 2nd grade team so I felt I should go. It was good I did but baby showers are one of these Women Rituals that make me wish I was a dude. I don't mind the cake part (they even had gluten free), I don't mind the lemonade (unless they serve sickeningly sweet punch), I don't mind the opening of the gifts, the part where you have to play painfully silly games that's the part I am totally over. It seems like it is the unwritten baby shower rule that one must have silly games. Luckily the hostesses at this one kept them to a minimal number. Anyhow, I got that done and checked of my list for the weekend.
My next bountiful basket order I also ordered about 20 pounds of pears. Ummm what was I thinking. They are Oregon and California Bartlett pears and they just sounded so DELICIOUS. I am not canning them. I will cut them up and freeze them for smoothies. Yep the smoothie phenomena continues. My colleagues have been quite impressed by my Mason Jar Salads at Lunch time. They are going to try it out themselves. It is pretty easy and the mason jars wash up so nicely to use again.
No comments:
Post a Comment