Virtually every attempt to do anything the past few days hasn't worked out. Today I was VERY optimistic about my ability to go into work and get a lot done in my classroom. I decided to laminate the alphabet and other I want to hang in my classroom. I was warned when I said I was going to laminate to go and turn it on and wait awhile. You will find that isn't unusual in most schools when you see their ancient laminators. So I turned it on and left a note in case any one should come in and think someone forgot to turn it off would do so. So then I went back in and I noticed the lights were off in that room. It was curious but it is a hot day and it gets toasty in their with the copy machines, laminator, etc. So I went over to the laminator and saw the light was off. Unusual but some laminators have a light like a pre-heat button on the oven and the light goes off when it is heated. Then I attempted to run a paper through the laminator and realized it was off. Their was still a lot of residual heat so I didn't make the connection that it was off. Then I looked at the lights on all the equipment and realized the power was out. I went to the office and the secretary was out to lunch and her assistant told me that when you run the laminator it often blows the circuit if they are using computers in the neighboring computer lab. They are installing a lot of computers so their are workmen in there. I ran to the office after a bit to get my class list and the secretary said she flipped the circuit. I said I think I'll wait until after hours to laminate to be on the safe side.
So I go back to my classroom to work and decide to haul boxes out to my car that I won't need in my classroom. Since I taught four grades before I have a lot. I go to find a dolly/handcart whatever you'd like to call it I search the school and can't find it anywhere. I enlist help and we can't find it. So plan C. Maybe I'll hang paper up on the bulletin boards. Find the paper, tear the paper, bring the paper to the classroom, no stapler, can't find it anywhere. I SURRENDER.... Apparently I needed to go home and take a nap. So I did... I am going to attempt to set up my home office so I can print some stuff up here to use at school. Hopefully, my nap was enough of a re-boot to help my success at my next venture.
No comments:
Post a Comment