August 11, 2013

Introverts and Footblah

One of my college friends posted this link on Facebook about introverts. Extroverted people often get very impatient and frustrated with introverts. They don't really understand how they feel in social situations, events, activities, or places with large amounts of people.  I tend to be introverted. Does this mean I can't deal with crowds? No but it does mean that I probably attend an event with someone I feel comfortable with. I also need time to process and like this list states re-charge. Extroverts are fueled and energized by crowds. While the same thing takes a lot of energy out of introverts. So if you have an introvert in your life if they come home from work or an activity and hide out or need quiet time they really need that to recharge from that social event. It might be surprising a person in my position is introverted. I have to talk to a lot of people every day and interact with parents, colleagues, administration and more. This does mean that I take a little quiet time during my lunches and when I get home I generally don't want to hang out with a group of people.  Anyhow I hope that post helps you to understand the introvert in your life a little better.

Uggh the American Football Myth. I am an American and proud of it. I enjoy watching some sports but usually in person. I don't really enjoy watching them on TV part of the enjoyment of a sport for me is the overall ambiance of being at the event part of the crowd.  Unless I am watching the Olympics I just don't really get into watching sports. As an American I like to eat apple pie and turkey on Thanksgiving day, I like hot-dogs at the ballpark, sparklers on the 4th of July, and standing with my hand on my heart for the National Anthem.  However, I DO NOT LIKE FOOTBALL. I would watch a game once or twice a year under pressure. It is just so boring. I am sorry it is BORING. Yep I said it I find FOOTBALL BORING! Does this make me less American. To some it would make me more of a "girl" than ever. I'm okay with that. Even attending a Football game I can't drum up much excitement. It is such a slow dull game. I just don't care.

 In the fall many wives become Football Widows. Really you're that invested in this sport that you abandon your family to sit on your heiney and watch a game. I'd rather be a golf widow or hunting widow. At least they are out doing something active than actively watching something. Why all this football talk?? Well for some reason my television service had me signed up for the NFL Sunday ticket. Meaning that every Sunday game this fall I would be paying to watch. UH NO THANKS.  It was only 4 payments of about 35$. Have you every tried to talk a TV provider into the fact that you really, truly, DO NOT WATCH FOOTBALL? Oh my goodness. I talked to three different people before SUCCESS! If you want to watch Football no need to come visit me. I'll see you after the fall season and I'm okay with that.  Sports have lost a lot of enjoyment for me because of the lack of values displayed by the majority of the most famous players, the performance enhancing drugs, the vanity of it all. I'll go watch t-ball, little league, and the like. If nothing else I will be entertained by how cute the kids are. Some would say I just don't like sports and that simply isn't true. I don't like professional sports.

Well... it is on my Bucket List to go to a Soccer Game in a country that is completely Soccer Crazy during a match that is "important" or a big rivalry.  That is more about going as an observer than the actual game though. The athleticism, endurance, of a soccer player is something to see. They don't have players that look like they prepare for their game by eating as many pizzas as they can in one sitting. NO that isn't why I don't like football. I just don't like it! If you feel that makes me less of an American that's on you... I am busy debating Chevy versus Ford, and Pepsi versus Coke!



No comments:

Post a Comment