January 16, 2012

Busy weekend... busy week.

This weekend seems to have been longer than four days. I packed so much into those four days. Friday I had the h.s student help me on the backdrop. I also met with my new aide so she'd have a bit of an idea what we'd be doing. The backdrop came out quite nicely! The funeral was Saturday. I went in to school early to work on things and be there if they needed some help. It was an interesting funeral. The pastor did his best to create some hope for the future. The deceased was only 32 years old. There was a live band that (2 women singing and playing guitar, and 1 guy on piano). They played country and western style. They sang "On the wings of a dove", " go rest high on the mountain", and more songs of a similar style. It was very pretty.

After the service I met my friend and we headed into the big city for some R and R. We listened to some live music, chatted, relaxed, and had some laughs. Just what I needed. We moved at turtle speed the next day. We did some shopping, drove through a dust/wind storm.. then came home. Today I went down to school for a bit then went to a students birthday party. It was fun and nice to see most of my students and NOT BE IN CHARGE :)! I came back to school again to make sure I was somewhat ready for the week. Then remembered grades are due Thursday. Yippee Skippee. There are a lot of interesting events come up soon. Our co-ed Jr. High basketball team went and played a boys team at a bigger school and Won! They were pretty proud of themselves. The other team left their starters on the bench when they saw our little team. They put them back in after the 1st quarter. They had a whole bench of substitutes and our team only had one. Small but Mighty! This weekend was crazy, and busy but refreshing for my brain!

No comments:

Post a Comment