January 28, 2012
Over-the-top
I think every small town, perhaps every town period, has that over-the-top politician. The are almost a cartoon character they fit the stereo-type so well. They can be the most annoying person you'll ever meet. Their lack of sincerity and their great confidence in their superiority makes them larger than life. It reminds me of the "Flinstones" cartoon and the character of the "Grand Poobah" of the "Loyal Order of Water Buffaloes". I was describing an interaction of this type to my Dad and he just started laughing. I was still irritated and couldn't see the humor. Then I took a couple steps back and thought how could I let someone so completely silly annoy me so much. I haven't visited a town/city yet where at some point I didn't interact with this type of person. I am usually sooo much better at dismissing the stupid stuff they say in ignorance. I realized what was difference this time. These type of people are sooo very certain that of their knowledge and power they can do a lot of damage very quickly. I learned from this experience. I have learned so much in January of 2012 that I can only wonder what the rest of the year is going to bring.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Put this in context for me... Is this the Sam McKeen character or the Andy Gigler character?
ReplyDeleteHmmm... I am certain it isn't Andy G. He just wrote a lot of letters as I remember it! So I am guessing it is Sam McKeen but I will have to ask. That is a character I'm too young to remember :)
ReplyDeleteWell I don't think it was either of the characters you mentioned. They are missing the right amount of Self-Importance and Self-Righteousness!
ReplyDelete