January 26, 2012

Not where he sat but who he sat with....

Mom reminded me today that Jesus sat with the publicans and the sinners. He didn't sit with the "righteous". He sat with the people who felt a need. If people are "self righteous" they are not feeling need and there isn't even room to feel need. They are full of their own importance. I have often thought that people spend so much time thinking about where Jesus was born, slept, ate, awoke, etc... that they forget that where it happened is less important, than the fact that it happened. Jesus came, died, and was resurrected. Anyhow, he sad with the publicans and the sinners.

January has been packed full of insanity. I have learned soooo much this month. Things I will never do again, things I will do again but do them better, things that I wish I never had to learn, and things that I will continue to learn from. I said to our Secretary that if I ever feel like I've learned everything there is to learn about my job.. I should quit. Learning never stops. I told her I'd like a little break from learning for a bit :). Almost everyday when I need to get my class quiet and focused I turn on Pandora to my station that plays piano music. You can almost hear the sigh.... of relaxation that flows through the kids. On kindergarten days it gets so very noisy and busy it is difficult for the older students. The music really brings it down to a manageable level. Today one of the kids asked me to turn it on. It blocks out the annoying little noises that the kids who can't sit still make and helps us all to relax and focus on work. I hope that February will be less eventful.

No comments:

Post a Comment