January 31, 2012
Sharing.... it ISN't Always GOOD to SHARE!
Direct exposure to the stomach virus my student shared in my lap on Monday, Led me to miss School on Tuesday. I started the "toilet choir" in the middle of the night and am still barely keeping water down. I am still running a fever so working tomorrow is doubtful as well. I knew early this morning it was not going to be a school day for me. So in between bathroom sessions I drove down to school. Dry heaving and typing sub lesson plans Do NOT go hand in hand. I got everything together in a hopefully rational manner. Started to leave the school, had to throw my car violently into park, while I decorated the sagebrush. I hate not being at school. I woke up about 3 people this a.m. and either let them know I wouldn't be there, or to please come help my aide. I felt bad calling early, but I had to grasp the bathroom free moment. Anyhow, since we brush our teeth at school every day I asked my aide to give the kids all new toothbrushes, dump out and wash all water bottles, and generously use anti-bacterial cleaning materials. Hopefully the virus will be through the school before our long field trip next Thursday. When you are gone from school it is just a bummer for many reasons. One of them being the Computer Guy actually arriving to hook up your ELMO and you can't think of where to tell him to put it. Hopefully wherever he put it makes sense. I just didn't really care when they texted me the question. I attempted a fever reducer.... If I can keep it down (knock on wood) I think I will finally get some rest.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment