January 6, 2012

Plans... Change..... Etc

Well, It feels as thought I've already been back for a month. Things started off fresh, good, renewed, and ready to go. Unfortunatly all the pots being stirred were feeling frisky too. I have had a human "flak jacket" protecting my back, front and sides. I am losing that person... so I have been anxious about the situation. I have been thinking about how important it is to have good people around you. In your personal and professional life. In your professional life you don't always have a choice. When life gets you in trouble professionaly is when the professional becomes personal. In a small town that is inevitable. It is unavoidable... everything is personal. So, as we look to hire a new person I have been watching the manipulations occuring to put who whomever wants in the job. The job for the person I will be working with Most of the time.
So I have learned a lot in one week.

1. I have to speak up to administration before I get to the point of wanting to bawl.
2. I need to move out of town a bit and so I don't have people knocking at my door trying to influence the decision regarding who we hire.
3. I need to have some stress relief!

I love my job. It's the nut jobs making it stressful. I love my kids, I love the area. I feel like I am learning every single day.. and it doesn't get better than that. The rest of this is stealing my peace because I am allowing it too.

GOOD NEWS... (had to throw that in there or you'd all think I was at my wit's end :)!

Seriously though GOOD NEWS!!!!!!
A friend from Oregon ( I am counting on you C!) Is coming down to help with a "Corned Beef and Cabbage St. Patrick's Day Dinner" It will be a school fundraiser for Curriculum and Materials. Dad thinks the Cabbage is a terrrrrrriiiiibbbbbllllllleeeeeee idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ( I can't exaggerate enough how terrible of an idea he thinks it is)! :) I am excited about this event. I think it will be a lot of fun. I also think it will be a great Community Event. I think we will get A LOT of community support from the feedback I am getting. I talked with some "key players" in the community and got their OKAY! With their okay comes extra support and help! YAY! That's the latest!

No comments:

Post a Comment