January 12, 2013

5 Feels Like -5

Not sure how cold it will get tonight but it is already way up on the "BRRRRRRR" Scale!  I don't know if you measure coldness by that where you live I think it is fairly accurate!  We had a Jr. High ball game this afternoon. I got to school to make sure as much as possible was ready and guess what?????? NO HEAT!!!!! The fans were pushing cold air! I am so irritated by this. The silver lining is that people spent a lot on concessions. They'd spend a lot to stay warm.

There was a funeral today for a former town resident that grew up here. I didn't attend the funeral just talked with some of the family. It was extraordinarily sad on so many levels. It sounded like this guy wasted his life. He ended up dying of an overdose. Do you know how they are celebrating this sad life after the funeral?   By going out and getting as wasted as possible. It does not make sense to me. Very sad. 

They are opening the bar below my apartment tonight to continuing "honoring?" the deceased.  Luckily I ran into a nice person at the gas station  who invited me to stay at their house. They are a colleague and understand! When I went to the gas station many of the funeral attendee's were there buying more beer. They seemed like a rough and rowdy bunch and I want do not want to be home. I have a feeling things won't go down well on the bar scene this evening.

My parents went over a hill to a different sort of funeral today for my Great Aunt. It sounds like they honored her life in many special ways. I'm glad my Granny will have her brother for comfort.

I am quite jealous because after the funeral my parents got to hang out for a little bit with my adorable little cousins. I will get over it but expect pouting!   Stay warm where ever you may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment