January 5, 2013
Death of a Kindle
My poor Kindle finally gave up and died. I doubt many people used their Kindle as much as I did. It has went with me everywhere. It has delivered books with barely any service in the boonies. It fell in the bathtub once but with a couple of days to dry it started up again. This device has alleviated boredom in the boonies time and time again. Sigh. I had a back up Kindle that I would use once in awhile but it wasn't connected to the 3G network which made it impractical where I am at. Anyhow it will do until I decide which device I want to get next time. I may stick with the old boring standby. I am tempted by the Paperwhite which lights up according to where you are at. I just see that wearing out sooner along with the touch screen. I looked at the Kindle Fire which have all kinds of apps and fun things. As tempting as that is I just want to read books on it not play " Clouds and Sheep" before going to bed. I want it to remain an object of relaxation, not an object of so much entertainment I stay connected in my sleep. So I think I've pretty much made my mind up to go with the "old school" Kindle. It is just a bummer. I read every single day at some point. So goodbye old Kindle you served me well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment