Well.... you know what happens when you don't fix the fans that move heat through the school? Yep you guessed it pipes freeze! GO figure. I kept saying we're so lucky a pipe hasn't frozen. Well one of the pipes in the ceilings froze. It flooded virtually every room in the school. Luckily it froze near the entrance of the school and it didn't come from above in every room. I am really disgusted because this could have been prevented. I know we will have to get all new flooring throughout the school. The gym floor has started buckling so that will have to be replaced as well. If you've ever had flood damage you know how it can seep up through things so I think we only have a glimpse of the damage done. I am not sure how cold it is here tonight but it is well below zero.
I called all of the parents and we canceled school for sure tomorrow but I am not sure about the following day yet. We had to turn off our server and the back up battery. The back up battery was sitting in water. I am not sure when we will have computer access again. My boots were soaked through and my pant legs were soaked up to my knees. I had to go home and change after we had the worst taken care of.
I was defrosting hamburger to make soup tonight so I made a pot and took it down to the school along with some Hot Chocolate. We made coffee and Hot Chocolate so hopefully the workers sent in to do clean up will stay awake until it is done! I know Hot Chocolate doesn't need to be capitalized. If you are me and it is your go to hot drink, you would capitalize it as well! :)
What a long weekend. We are meeting for breakfast in the morning. I can't even imagine what a long process this is going to be. Getting anything replaced will take a long, long, time! The people who came to do clean up have been very busy in our state this year. They actually had to go purchase more equipment to bring to our school. The pipe was near the entrance, the heat wasn't working, and there was no insulation around the pipe. UGGH.....
Tomorrow morning we are meeting at a local cafe for breakfast and then going to work. I am so glad to come home to an electric mattress pad and a warm bed. G'nite
No comments:
Post a Comment