Woke up this morning to a Blizzard. It was blowing snow. I'd say we probably got about 6 more inches. I woke up at 3 a.m. and it wasn't snowing yet. I could hear the wind starting to blow around 5 a.m. I was pretty sure we'd have some snow. One of the mom's came in and said "It is Antarctica here"!. Just 45 minutes south they didn't have anything going on. It is weird hot the storms blow through around here.
The classroom wasn't holding much heat today. I found a couple of places where they had cut out sheet rock and you could see daylight. I went and talked to the secretary and we found a blanket to cut up and stuff in the holes. It won't keep critters out but it will keep out cold air. I have enough heaters in my classroom now that we can stay nice and warm. It is just when you go outside of there to any room that troubles come. It is working slightly better. I don't see my breath when I'm walking down the hallway. I did find out today that they will probably start doing some renovations way sooner than we expected. Like replacing the drywall, painting, etc. The big jobs like carpet replacement will still wait till summer. I have a feeling my classroom will be torn apart again. Uggh.
I did get my wish today. The principal stayed up north. That was a blessing. I am supposed to go to a training on Friday but then I remembered we have a basketball game Friday at 1 p.m. So I am hoping that maybe I can not go to the training. We'll see!
The co-ed team won their game tonight. I am trying to remember the final score but it escapes me. It was maybe won by 4 or 5 points. So they were pretty excited. Our gym floor is doing amazingly well. Every day is a noticeable improvement. They will still have to come in and sand it but it isn't buckling like we thought it would.
ANNNDDDD MY CELL PHONE CAME TODAY! I was VERY nervous because the contact number they put on the shipping was my cell phone number. Brilliant eh? Luckily I was at school late because of the game and the Fed Ex guy drove up. I told him " I AM SOOOO HAPPY TO SEE YOU!" I don't think he gets greeted with such joy very often. I feel like I am connected to the world again! Hurrah! I am sooooo happy to have a new phone.
I feel like step by step, little by little, a bit of order is being restored in a very chaotic 2013!
No comments:
Post a Comment