I'm trying to remember everything that has happened and luckily I think I have some cold medicine induced amnesia. They said the mold was no longer a problem. I am not sure how they took care of the mold (after putting a blower on it and spreading spores around the school), but it was enough to convince most parents to bring their kids back. Some kids were sick and stayed home. My classroom is still torn up and we are still operating in a tiny room across the hall. I was sick today and since my colleague only had two students today they made her teach my class. Sounds like she resented it a little bit, but what are you going to do. I am going back to school tomorrow. I don't think I should but I think I'd better. Not sure if that makes sense. Some kids do not deal well with a change of routine and usually they are the ones who need structure in their life the most. So for them I need to go back so they feel a sense of normalcy amidst the chaos.
I slept most of the night and most of the day because of a Nyquil Coma. I rarely use it because it does knock me out so completely. When you can't rest because of your coughing it helps. Like I said before I rarely use it. I usually don't take cold medicine at all. I just up my vitamins and wait to get better. Sometimes the way cold medicine makes me feel is worse than the cold itself.
In the midst of all my cold crankiness I did get some laundry done. I even dyed my blue jeans blue. Ha! I've been wanting to do that because I don't like it when BLUE blue jeans are faded. I've been wanting to dye them for awhile but was afraid of the whole process. I just did it in the washing machine which makes it a lot less work. Dyeing in the washing machine makes the washer a mess. Most of them came out really well. So that was a new experiment for me. My laundry pile was quite the mountain.
I don't know when I will be allowed back into my classroom. My aide/lunch lady told me to delegate and take it a day at a time. I have a plan just not the energy to execute the plan right now. I can use the high school boys to put the heavy things in their place. Right now they are turning the fans off during school hours... which I am sure means we are turning the fans off during school hours. From what I learned today the heating system is still not working. The principal told parents to call the school board or the superintendent. I am trying to figure out why the maintenance requests are ignored. I hate to blame maintenance because they have to have their spending approved. If they aren't given the dollars to fix something their hands are tied. It looks like there is a lot of finger pointing going on. I don't care who is to blame I just want them to fix it!
No comments:
Post a Comment